There are dozens of reasons to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort. Here are just a few:
- Extra Magic Hours that allow only Resort guests into a specific Disney Park each morning or evening for up to three hours!
- Free Magical Express transportation/luggage service to/from Orlando International Airport. You won’t touch your bags from the time you leave your home airport until the moment they arrive in your room.
- Unlimited use of Disney transportation–including buses, boats, and the monorail.
- Charge purchases to your “Key to the World” card, and leave your cash safely in your hotel room safe.
- No need to lug souvenirs around the Parks. Have your purchases delivered to your Resort room for free!
- Total immersion in Disney magic!
- Free parking at the Parks–just flash your “Key to the World” at the gate and be waved right through!
Walt Disney World Resorts are categorized as Value, Moderate, Deluxe, and Disney Vacation Club (DVC) properties. Classification is based on amenities such as room features, dining options, transportation available, and even the type of pool(s) on property. See the pages for each of these Resort classifications for more details.
The Ft. Wilderness Campground really belongs in a category all by itself, although it could easily be considered a Super-Value Resort! Prices range as low as $44 for a site with partial hookups in value season to $110 for a premium site in peak season–still a bargain when you consider that each site can accommodate up to ten people. Bath houses are immaculate, and there is a wide range of outdoor activities available: horseback riding, petting zoo, fishing, hiking, pools, and even a campfire sing-along with Chip and Dale. Dining options abound and include counter service, table service, character dining, and even a musical revue. Whether you like to “rough it” by tent camping or prefer to arrive in a motor coach, the Ft. Wilderness Campground has everything you need for outdoorsy fun!