Thursday’s TipPosted by Affording the Mouse
We go to Walt Disney World every year…and on rare occasions, twice a year. It’s something we look forward to for months. In fact, as we’re leaving the greater Orlando area, we’re already planning what we’ll do and where we’ll stay on our next trip. There are some days when we desperately wish we could snap our fingers and be back at the most magical place on earth! So, if you’re like us, let me offer a few tips that help us quench our WDW cravings and squelch out those “we miss Disney World” blues:
- Watch our home video of previous Disney vacations. This is definitely our favorite! We re-live memories and look forward to re-visiting our favorite spots on our next visit.
- Flip through our Disney vacation scrapbooks and souvenirs/memorabilia. We get a “snapshot” of the fun you’ve had, and it’s fun to remember where we collected all our “treasures.”
- Watch a Disney planning DVD. While there’s not a ton of new information for us as Disney veterans, it’s still fun for us to see our old haunts and see a glimpse of what’s new or coming soon. If you don’t have one yet, order yours (it’s free!) here.
- Cook something from an original Disney recipe! We’ve made Tonga Toast (Polynesian), Chocolate Mousse (Epcot, France), and Cheddar Cheese Soup (Epcot, Canada) at home, and there are dozens of other favorite Disney recipes available online (a quick web search produces multiple sources).
- Plan! Believe it or not, the “chore” of making our Disney plans (Resort reservations, purchasing tickets, ADRs, etc.) actually helps me look forward to our next trip.
Do you have any unique ideas for keeping the Disney magic alive at home?