Updates Around the WorldPosted by Affording the Mouse
A lot has been going on at Walt Disney World, so I thought it was time for an update post. Here’s what’s happening:
- Phineas and Ferb/Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure opened in Epcot on Saturday, June 23.
- Dumbo now has double the capacity, with the second of the double spires opening last week in the Magic Kingdom. In addition, the new FastPass system, allowing children to play while they wait, is now in place.
- Right next to The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (MK), a meet-n-greet with the cuddly bear and friends recently opened. The photo op replaces part of the interactive queue.
- The Casey Jr. Splash & Soak area in the new Fantasyland (MK) is now open for business. And just in case you get a bit too wet, there’s a circus-themed cart selling beach towels nearby.
- Brave was top at the box office for its opening weekend, bringing in $66.7 million.
Those are the highlights for the last week or so!