Thursday’s TipPosted by Affording the Mouse
If you’ve ever been to Walt Disney World, you know that there are opportunities to buy souvenirs on, literally, every corner. From the establishments lining Main Street to the shops that one conveniently must walk through in order to exit an attraction, there are ample opportunities to spend your cash. Today’s tip: shop around and make souvenir purchases near the end of your trip. Why? Because there will always be one more shop…and that shop may just have the one thing you haven’t seen yet and simply must have.
Here’s the thing…about 75% of the items you’ll find in any given souvenir shop will be essentially the same stuff you find at other shops. But the other 25% will be different. And, there are actually a few items that you may only find in one obscure shop. If you’re a real Disney aficionado, or if you’re a collector of the obscure, this sort of shopping just might pay off with a rare find.
So, except for, perhaps, apparel (’cause you wanna wear those Mickey ears while you’re there, right?), save your pennies until the end of your trip. Lots of window shopping first=no buyer’s remorse!