Thursday’s TipPosted by Affording the Mouse
Just a reminder that today is a Double Points day at Disneymovierewards.com. I just entered two Blu-ray codes for a total of 500 points! There is also a bonus code for 50 points: HEART.
Now on to today’s tip–or, rather, a group of tips. Here are some ways to build anticipation (as if you need to!) for an upcoming WDW vacation:
- Make a paper chain to count down the days until your trip. Decorate it with Disney-themed stickers. Tear off one link per day until you leave.
- Celebrate the “12 Days of Disney” before your trip. Give your children a small item each day that they will use on their vacation. (Think sunglasses, plastic rain poncho, autograph book, pen, lanyard, etc.)
- Make a countdown necklace out of cereal (Fruit Loops work well) and yarn. Put descending numbers between the cereal and eat an “O” and tear off one number each day.
- Share a Disney trivia questions each night at dinner for the month prior to your vacation.
- Do a Disney version of “Elf on the Shelf.” Put a stuffed Mickey (or other Disney character) somewhere in the house for your children to find. Each day, Mickey moves to a new spot. To make it more fun, attach a new message each day to the toy, such as “Ariel will meet you in her Grotto in 6 days!”
- Use and advent calendar. These are easy to find this time of year, and some are not necessarily Christmas-themed. Put stickers, Disney Dollars, or small trinkets inside.
- Have the princesses (or Pooh characters, or whomever is your child’s favorite) send the kids some mail. Buy Disney postcards and send a “can’t wait for your visit” message.
These are just a few ideas. The possibilities are endless. Got any great ideas to add?